AVP Enterprise Compliance Manager
Manage and administer the bank’s compliance risk management program in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train internal and external clients on compliance requirements through a variety of methods including one on one or staff meetings, memos, educational presentations, and providing guidance on specific situations.
- Keep abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance. Inform management, clients and interested parties of new and modified compliance requirements.
- Review and update policies, procedures and disclosures as needed for adherence with applicable laws and regulations. May assist in the development of compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating and maintaining company standards related to higher risk products, services, and practices. Ensure documentation and training materials are current to minimize risks.
- Perform compliance reviews and risk assessments on new programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of third parties requiring enhanced oversight.
- Participate in onsite due diligence reviews of key third party service providers.
- Review elevated marketing materials for adherence to regulatory requirements and bank standards, providing guidance and advice as needed to bring the materials into compliance.
- Oversee monitoring and testing to ensure that activities are completed in accordance with approved schedules. Identify appropriate corrective action when needed and follow up to ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Build and maintain close working partnerships with internal and external clients to ensure they seek advice and counsel when needed on compliance issues.
- Prepare and present compliance reports and executive summaries of compliance activities including concerns, issue trends and patterns, etc. and discuss recommendations for initiating additional controls and audits as needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert, advising the team and clients on day-to-day, elevated and complex compliance issues, rules, and regulations. Partner with clients to develop solutions and recommendation to meet compliance needs.
- Assist in the management of compliance-related audits and examinations. Gather relevant documentation as requested, meet with auditors to respond to questions, prepare audit responses as needed, and implement actions recommended by auditors and examiners.
- May manage compliance analyst team. Interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- An undergraduate degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years related compliance experience in the banking or financial services industry.
- CRCM certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer