Data Warehouse Technician
Design, develop, test, and maintain less complex applications and processes to parse, extract, transform, and load data from multiple data sources to the data warehouse using SAS.
- Develop less complex applications for parsing, extracting, and loading data in base SAS.
- Document, test and debug data programs prior to implementation in the live production environment using standard testing and validation protocols. Escalate issues as needed to manager.
- Group and summarize data to optimize performance for scheduled processes and end user reporting.
- Assist in the maintenance, support and development of the SAS data warehouse, working under the guidance and direction of more experienced data warehouse programmers.
- Use SAS Dataflux technologies to clean and standardize data. Verify accuracy of data.
- Develop the simplest to moderately complex data feeds and reports for external and internal clients as requested. Question users to determine fields and array of data needed to fulfill requests. Create and document reports available in the report library. Build dynamic end user reporting systems to generate standard scheduled reports and easy interface functionality for ad hoc reporting needs.
- Develop the least complex and more standardized data integration processes and procedures for transforming, extracting, and loading data between the data warehouse and internal OLTP database systems. Review processes with management as needed.
- Build close working relationships with systems project management with limited exposure to end users to review and resolve issues arising with the reporting and data systems and deliver accurate and time-saving solutions through the data warehouse.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Would consider as an internship.
- A minimum of 6 months to 1 year related data warehouse development, data modeling or SAS programming experience
- Basic working knowledge of SAS technologies including Base SAS, SAS data management, DataFlux, Integration Technologies, Enterprise Guide, Metadata Server and SAS Visual Analytics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer