Director, Risk Management
A closer look at this position:
The Director, Merchant Services,Credit & Risk is responsible for managing teams dedicated to monitoring AML risk, financial risk, transaction risk, network compliance risk and reputational risk arising from ACH, Merchant Acquiring and Push-to-Card payment processing relationships.
As a Director, Merchant Services,Credit & Risk you will:
- Maintain and enhance the oversight of sponsored third-party payment processors for ACH, Merchant Acquiring, and Push-to-Card activities
- Act as Risk Officer for the Payments Acceptance business line including the responsibility for approving new payment processing relationships, evaluating existing relationships and the timely identification and escalation of unusual activity
- Set the strategic direction of the business line by maintaining policies, procedures, and proposing changes to risk appetite statements for approval by the Board of Directors
- Establish and monitor key risk indicators for all sponsored payment processing activities
- Lead teams dedicated to business line oversight processes including due diligence, financial analysis, risk monitoring, network compliance and quality assurance
- Direct the development, testing and implementation of a control framework to improve monitoring of sponsored payment processors and their customers
- Serve as voting member and business line representative at relevant Bank committee(s) dedicated to payments and enterprise risk management
- Lead all federal, state, payment network and internal audits of business line activities including the coordination and response to all deliverable requests
- Perform on-site visitations to third party payment processors and coordinates audits performed by the business line, Third Party Risk Management and Financial Crimes Risk Management
- Prepare and deliver business line presentations to senior leadership concerning payment processing activities and risk trends
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all laws and network regulations related to Payment Acceptance business line activities
- Review business line financial performance, allocated expenses and recommend actions to meet business line strategic performance goals
- Drive the remediation of any audit findings to completion
- Manage the PAG risk team; interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Manage special projects and prepare presentations for the Managing Director of Payment Acceptance as necessary
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field. A master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a risk management leadership capacity in the payments industry (e.g., ACH, Merchant Acquiring). 15 or more years’ experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Quickbase
- Strong knowledge of all applicable laws and payment processing network rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as the member of a team in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Excellent organizational skills required to manage workloads within tight time constraints
- Effective problem-solving skills, flexibility and adaptability are needed to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer