Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst
Perform a variety of activities to support the enhanced due diligence function including identification of high risk client types, conducting due diligence reviews on potential high risk clients, periodic reviews/updates to Know Your Customer (KYC) records and assisting with other business initiatives.
- Conduct research and provide advice on new customer CDD alerts and Know Your Customer (KYC) files.
- Perform enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews of all assigned high risk customers. Use customer risk scoring models in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Conduct, review and evaluate enhanced due diligence reports on new and existing customers as appropriate.
- Document EDD review findings in the appropriate databases including all pertinent facts and information to support result.
- Complete EDD reviews in a timely and efficient manner. Suggest process enhancements and/or research tools to increase efficiency and/or accuracy.
- Advise the front and back offices regarding US client onboarding, customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence standards and requirements.
- Review, resolve and/or escalate alerts or other adverse news screens.
- Elevate questions and concerns to the team lead as needed to make determinations and close EDD reviews.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of AML and other compliance training.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory updates and incorporate process and procedural changes into the EDD review process as directed by department management.
- Perform other related compliance assignments as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 3 years related BSA/AML experience with KYC and due diligence with exposure to EDD and OFAC
- Good working knowledge with federal and state AML regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent researching and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, automated CDD and case management systems.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer