Receptionist - Front Desk
Meet and greet clients, candidates, and visitors to the assigned corporate headquarters location. Act as main company switchboard operator and direct callers as appropriate. Administrative support to Human Resource team for scheduling interviews. Book meeting rooms for various department meetings within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors, clients, and candidates to the building. Providing access to the secured lobby area after following security protocols. Welcome clients, visitors, and walk-ins while they wait for the appropriate internal contact to arrive and escort them to their meeting. Make the visitor/client comfortable in the seating area and provide refreshments as requested.
- Ask all visitors to produce proper identification and sign the visitor log. FDIC and other visitors from an audit firm (i.e. Grant Thornton, State of Delaware, etc.) must show their ID and badge before being granted access to the corporate areas. Contact the appropriate internal employee to let them know the person has arrived.
- Keep the lobby and seating areas neat and organized with appropriate industry and company materials on tables. Discard outdated publications as needed. Maintain the TV at an appropriate channel and comfortable sound level. May need to perform minor trash pick-up after visitors to keep the area looking professional.
- Handle the corporate switchboard. Question callers as needed to determine the correct department and contact to assist the individual. Transfer calls as appropriate. Answer calls for the senior executive team, take and forward messages as needed. Provide directions to the buildings as required. Handle irate callers or complaints in accordance with departmental practices and procedures.
- Coordinate and work with vendors for services for employees (lunch trucks, dry cleaners, car service).
- Ensure coverage of the lobby and reception area while on breaks. Contact manager for guidance if desk is going to be vacant for a long period during the day.
- Perform a variety of administrative activities for the HR department including scheduling conference rooms, updating and maintaining spreadsheets, and drafting memos and other documents, etc.
- Serve in a secondary support capacity for the mailroom. Occasionally ship items via UPS or FedEx, prepare labels and follow all departmental processes and procedures for shipping and logging shipments. Back up the facilities team by signing and logging packages delivered to the location into the appropriate spreadsheet. Handle all incoming and outgoing courier bags and their contents. Sort incoming mail. Pick up outgoing mail from assigned internal locations and operate the postage meter to prepare it for the post office. Take supply requests and order inventory as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma
- minimum of 1 – 3 years related receptionist or switchboard/customer service experience
- General familiarity with banking products and services is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Able to work in a high growth, fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Accurate typing of at least 40 WPM
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer