Sr. Performance Analyst
Analyze third party relationships and create, modify and/or review third party monitoring programs. Responsibilities include monitoring and testing the line of business third party risk management and oversight practices, and serving as a third party risk management liaison to the lines of business in support of performance monitoring of the bank’s third party relationships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing, monitoring, and managing on-going tracking forms and performance scorecards, documenting the risk profile of the bank’s third party relationships, contracts, issue management, and on-going communication.
- Design, create, and evaluate performance scorecards in accordance with established corporate guidelines and policies.
- Conduct robust risk assessments/scorecards to identify risks and key controls, both internal and external that mitigate risks.
- Design and execute targeted performance testing through processes. Monitor the performance of third party relationships for adherence to the contract and key performance indicators.
- Maintain testing methodology and perform control testing of identified third parties. Support business partners to conduct in-depth root cause analysis for issues and assist in the development of remediation plans.
- Identify, escalate, and report risk events. Work with the appropriate groups to determine control weakness, non-compliance with contracts and root cause. Record activities and risk events in the corporate internal tracking system.
- Prepare Executive level reporting of key metrics, risk events, issues and performance testing results.
- Assess and interpret third party documents and other pertinent source documents as necessary to support testing requirements and audit processes
- Support business operations by partnering with the business to create best practice solutions and drive process and control enhancements, providing expertise in risk/controls and the development of corrective action plans.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of enterprise risk management, FDIC Financial Institution Letter 44-2008: Third Party Risk Guidance for Managing Third Party Risk and FDIC Financial Institution Letter 3-2012: Payment Processor Relationships Revised Guidance, as well as all applicable regulations governing third party relationships.
- Identify, communicate and monitor third party risks inherent in each line of business. Be an advocate for the company’s Third Party Risk Management program.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to build knowledge and understanding of the various unique lines of business to properly assess, monitor and communicate risks.
- Update and maintain departmental procedures to ensure an accurate record of processes and procedures exist to support audits. Discuss changes as needed with management to ensure the quality and consistency of third party risk activities.
- Maintain and train upon the Third Party Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 4-6 years related bank compliance, controls, or third party risk management experience.
- Expertise with testing techniques including oversight activities of third parties, performance of controls testing and documentation required to meet the performance standard.
- A basic knowledge of consumer banking laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, OCC, CFPB, UDAAP, AML)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently in a highly visible position
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position is required to occasionally travel (10 - 20 percent)
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer