VP Compliance Advisor and CRA Officer
Manage FDIC, Federal Reserve, state banking agency and related audits and exams requests, responses, and follow up items. In addition, oversee and enhance the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) program through continuous monitoring of lending, investment and service programs in conjunction with the business line leaders
Regulatory Exam and Audit Role:
- Manage compliance team. Conduct interviews, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer on all exams and audits (including but not limited to those pertaining to Safety & Soundness, IT, Finance, Escheatment, and Tax), leading a team of compliance analysts aligned with the lines of business to appropriately document all requests and responses in a timely manner. Update and maintain a library of exam findings, action plans, and related audit materials. Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the regulatory risk framework as it viewed from an audit and examination perspective.
- Develop and maintain on an ongoing basis a listing of all regulatory examinations and communicate the calendar of events to the leadership team, including dashboard reports to track progress as well as issues raised in a timely manner.
- Ensure prior regulatory findings are tracked and remediated in a timely manner with appropriate compliance document verification followed by audit validation.
- Maintain a working relationship with the lines of business to advise on exam or audit status and follow up as necessary for remedial action.
- Track and monitor dates and key information for each exam and audit including lead internal liaison, business line, purpose, etc. Develop and maintain a tracking system/database for easy access and retrieval of exam and audit information.
- Maintain database of issues identified in each audit/FDIC exam/FRB exam to identify trends and patterns in audit findings. Make recommendations as needed to pro-actively correct items crossing multiple audits and business lines.
- Follow up with business lines to ensure that action plans are implemented in accordance with the time frames provided to the examiners and auditors. Prepare or manage the preparation of detailed updates and statuses of all action items.
- Coordinate with analysts to manage and oversee an examination matrix of activities to track and assign all incoming requests.
- Participate on an ongoing basis in all regulatory discussion meetings.
- Liaise with Level 2 testing teams to communicate areas of risk identified through audits and examinations.
- Prepare in advance of audits and examinations by conducting a review to ensure all findings and observations from prior cycles of review have been properly closed, continue to be in compliance with remedial measures implemented and supporting documentation retained.
- Coordinate preparatory meetings between compliance and business lines involved in upcoming exams and audits to review the request list and document responsibility assignments in for each applicable business area affected by the examination or audit.
- Develop and implement the bank’s CRA strategic plan inclusive of all business lines.
- Maintain the bank’s CRA public files as required by the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Carry out day to day community development/CRA programs and activities, including documentation, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct annual assessment area reviews. Serve as an active member of community development organizations representing the bank’s assessment area to identify needs and present service gaps, solutions and project opportunities.to executive leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and present CRA progress reports and compliance to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and present periodic CRA training to internal staff to ensure there is a good understanding of both CRA and fair lending laws applicable to their position. Partner with the learning and development team to lead bank wide coordination of a financial literacy education series.
- Develop and maintain a community outreach program that works in partnership with affordable lenders, non-profits and local community leaders.
- Serve as an active member of community development organizations representing the banks assessment area to identify needs and present service gaps, solutions and project opportunities to executive leadership.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships across the company to ensure effective communication and follow up on audits and regulatory examinations. Resolve issues as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field -degree in finance/accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years related legal, paralegal, or compliance experience
- Prior experience with federal and state regulatory agencies preferred.
- Prior management experience needed.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance/risk management in the banking or financial services industry
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills. Attention to detail is critical
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer