VP, Business Development Officer
This position can be filled remotely from anywhere in the United States based on business needs and experience.
Originate business for the bank suitable for asset generation in franchise, this includes Small Business Administration, Express, 504 and USDA loans. Gather applications, perform financial analysis of required cash flow, and present the package within credit policy requirements. Directly interact with, and manage client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new franchise loans suitable for Small Business Administration (SBA), Express, 504 and USDA loans from small business clients in accordance with established annual goals and objectives. Originate new business through paid and non-paid referrals and face to face contacts.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Manage client relationship on originated loans through the closing. Make periodic site visits to GGL clients within defined market region to assist Portfolio Management Group and to provide compliance with Annual Review Documentation from borrowers. Cross sell bank services to existing loan relationships and manage relationships.
- Prescreen loans with knowledge of SBA and USDA for proper structure, conformity, and eligibility with respect to the applicable loan program. Follow up on any exceptions or account matters.
- Gather complete underwriting packages, and present for acceptance Commitment Letter with clients. Assist GGL team with obtaining from clients all necessary documentation needed to close the transaction.
- Work with Government Guaranteed Lending division (GGL) on all loan submissions, presentations and qualification matters. Manage client relationship and expectations of new accounts by taking loan applications, attending closings and providing customer service. Work with borrower/applicant to facilitate convert loan opportunities. Act as primary liaison with the client and handle any issues/problems promptly. Maintain and build open communication for the duration of the loan cycle. Participate in presentation of loans to Loan Committee.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to provide a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community. Maintain strong working relationships with referral contacts. Educate clients of advantages and create brand recognition in the market. Attend local SBA functions to establish Banks presence and cultivate CDC relationships.
- May supervise other business relationship officers. Provide leadership and mentor other business relationship officers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related Marketing, sales, and business development
- A minimum of 2 years related Finance/Lending experience
- Demonstrated prior business success in Small Business Administration Lending/Sales
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of financial analysis including cash flow, balance sheet, financial ration, industry analysis, audit, etc.
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer