VP IT Operations Risk Management
Manage IT operational risks on an ongoing basis, including oversight of the business continuity and disaster recovery efforts, strategies and solutions. Activities include performing IT readiness audits, mitigating IT process gaps and identifying process improvements.
- Continuously strengthen the corporate business continuity program and framework by working closely with the leadership team to ensure the company is protected in the event of an emergency.
- Update policies, procedures and plans (e.g. guides related to business continuity testing and other IT processes) regularly to ensure they are in accordance with FFIEC and other regulating frameworks. Document and maintain program policies, processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise programs remain current, and incorporate/align with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and cover all applicable general regulatory requirements.
- Plan, conduct, and debrief disaster recovery exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans, strategies, redundancy of systems, etc. Perform readiness IT GCR audits (limited scope) annually. Work with management to align recovery expectations.
- Manage continuity efforts after a disruptive event. Ensure all follow up activities and analysis are completed and improvements/enhancements are incorporated into plans and programs going forward.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise-wide business continuity management program including: develop and disseminate tools, forms, and instructional guides for staff, provide procedural and process updates, provide ongoing training, etc.
- Review departmental response plans on an annual basis to ensure all applications, processes, etc., are in accordance with RTO’s & RPO’s. Test plans and make recommendations to enhance and continually evaluate and improve plans.
- Educate employees and managers on continuity and disaster recovery plans. Provide educational materials, e.g. webinars, training and communications that improve management’s understanding of the role and importance of continuity and disaster recovery.
- Partner with the Third Party Risk group to analyze, review and approve or deny vendor business continuity plans/functions and vendor SOC 2/3 audits. Make appropriate recommendations as needed to improve outcomes and safeguard internal operations.
- Map Third Party control gaps to internal controls and communicate with the Third Party Risk team and/or their clients providing feedback to ensure plans meet company standards.
- Partner with Compliance to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery activities are aligned and incorporated into the overall compliance scorecard.
- Act as the liaison between the IT group and auditors/examiners. Assist in managing IT, business continuity and disaster recovery audits. Prepare reports and analysis ensuring appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources; including FDIC, other external regulators, internal/external auditors, FFEIC, etc. Oversee the remediation process to mitigate gaps identified during readiness and other audits.
- Identify process improvements within the IT processes. Work with business lines to create process narratives. Oversee and map company-wide system applications to databases, processes, storage, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate assigned IT initiatives (i.e. IT projects, CIO directed research, vendor research, etc.)
- Serve as the chair of the IT Technology Committee and perform appropriate follow up, et
- Perform and/or lead other related activities as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years related business continuity/disaster recovery and/or IT audit experience
- Experience with audit reports (SOX, SOC, ISAE, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of audit and risk standards and protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- A high level of initiative, creativity and curiosity as well as a willingness to continually learn is critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position may be required to travel to different company sites on occasion
- Understanding of the FFIEC IT handbook
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer