VP, Transaction and Monitoring Manager
Oversee the centralized BSA/AML transaction and fraud monitoring and escalation function. Collaborate with the business, operations, compliance, third party partners, and other units within FCRM to provide day to day management of the surveillance and monitoring function. Develop and monitor rule strategies which manage and mitigate money laundering and fraud risks for the organization.
- Direct and manage the team to ensure the quality and timeliness of case clearing activities are up to standards and that investigations, cases, and projects are effectively resourced, supported and managed.
- Manage and develop BSA/AML and fraud controls enterprise wide to cover the diverse products/services offered through various channels. Develop and maintain procedures related to surveillance and monitoring activities.
- Coordinate and/or ensure timely training is conducted on case management procedures for analysts to ensure case quality and consistency, especially with regard to case narratives.
- Manage from the business end user perspective, the functionalities, settings and effectiveness of the transaction surveillance system. Recommend enhancements as needed.
- Work closely with the system intelligence unit, IT, vendors, and other stakeholders on the implementation/migration, enhancement, model validation and/or development of new or existing systems or scenarios.
- Act as the subject matter expert to project prioritization and planning in conjunction with surveillance and monitoring policies and strategies.
- Manage a team of analysts. Develop and execute a workforce plan to meet business goals. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Compile, analyze and report surveillance and monitoring key performance and key risk indicators related to the investigative processes. Analyze historical trends and patterns and prepare recommendations to highlight and mitigate issues.
- Lead and manage ongoing process excellence and quality initiatives to continually raise the firms surveillance and monitoring function and standards to meet evolving regulatory, audit, risk and compliance rules and regulations. Evaluate effectiveness of existing AML procedures and processes and identify areas for enhancement. Develop and implement new and/or changes to processes, procedures, and associated reporting.
- Regularly interface with senior leadership. Lead routine and ad hoc meetings to market, communicate, and discuss new, improved, or changing regulations, forms, processes, and associated supporting systems and technology.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years transaction monitoring and investigation experience in the banking/financial services industry
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years leadership experience, preferably in an operational risk management or a back-office compliance capacity.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Comprehensive BSA/AML knowledge with an In-depth understanding of commercial and pre-paid banking industry
- Substantial knowledge of BSA/AML regulations with an In-depth working knowledge of transaction monitoring and investigations in automated systems
- Understanding of AML/Fraud related red flags and scenarios in a manual or automated environment
- Strong leadership, partnering and coaching skills with demonstrated ability to manage a team with multiple and/or shifting priorities and produce professional and accurate work product sometimes under time constraints
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization, analytical and project management skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer